Scheme of Interest Subsidy on Education Loans for Overseas Studies for the students belonging to the Minority Communities (effective from 2013-14)
The Government of India and IBA has formulated scheme to award interest subsidy to meritorious students belonging to economically weaker sections of minority communities so as to provide them better opportunities for higher education abroad and enhance their employability.
1. Only for Education Loans availed from Scheduled Banks for pursuing any of the approved post graduation courses abroad under the Education Loan Scheme of IBA.
2. Students belonging to Economically Weaker Sections with annual gross parental/family income from all sources with an upper limit of Rs. 6.00 lakh. Income Certificate to this effect issued by authorized officers of State Government is to be submitted.
3. Student belonging to minority communities declared under section 2 (c) of National Commission for Minorities Act 1992. Certificate/self declaration in this regard is to be submitted.
4. Full interest subsidy is available for the period of moratorium.
5. Scheme applicable for the loan amount availed from April 01, 2013 to March 31, 2014 and will be made available in future as per notifications received from time to time.
Eligible students can contact our branches where they have availed / availing loans for further details.